Friday, January 14, 2011

Zodiac Love.

I love astrology and truly believe in a lot of it.  As a Taurus, I am a lot like my sign.  I love the finer things in life, have a tendency to become a little lazy, and I am tremendously stubborn.  If you are someone who thinks astrology is too vague and a silly pastime, you can still appreciate some of these beautiful pieces inspired by astrology.  
This 1970's Tiffany Pisces Medallion is on 1stdibs.  I started looking for Zodiac charms after I was given my grandmother's charm bracelet from the 1950's.  Charm bracelets were very popular during that time period and I've found that almost all of them had a Zodiac charm on them.  She was a Capricorn, so I'm still on the hunt for a Taurus medallion.  Have not had much luck, much be a lot of Taureans out there
This amazing bracelet is also on 1stdibs and also by Tiffany.  Definitely on my birthday wish list.

Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco, was very proud of her sign, Scorpio.  So much so that for her 40th birthday party she threw a Scorpio Ball.  She had portraits hung of other famous Scorpios (like Marie Antoinette) and only fellow Scorpios and their significant others were invited.  Here is a photograph of Elizabeth Taylor (Pisces) and Richard Burton (Scorpio) arriving to the Fête.  Notice the Scorpions on Liz.
from lisawallerrogers.wordpress.com

Astrology-lovers everywhere were up in arms over the news report that our astrological sign wasn't really our true sign. It was reported by a Minnesota astronomer that the sun no longer aligns with the constellations it did a millenia ago so the sign we use is off by about a month (according to this, I'm an Aires and not a Taurus.) Also, because of this earth-wobbling there is a 13th sign called Ophiuchus.  However, everyone can rest easy.  I learned tonight that this does not apply to anyone born before 2009 and if you are a Westerner, your sign wont change in the tropical zodiac.

Roberto Coin Scorpion Cuffs





No comments:

Post a Comment