Friday, January 7, 2011

Hermes 2.0

For as long as I can remember, my mother has collected and worn Hermes scarves and for me, they have always been the most beautiful and versatile accessory.  As a little girl, I always found Hermes to be a brand that epitomized elegance and sophistication, but I’ve come to realize that they are a perfect accessory for those with a more eclectic sense of style.  In recent years, Hermes has really stepped up its campaigns to show how it is a youthful brand as well as a classic one.  



If you haven’t visited this site http://www.jaimemoncarre.com/, you should go immediately to find new, fun ways to wear your scarf.  The site follows a girl from Paris, NYC, Tokyo, and London around town wearing their Hermes scarves.   The Parisian is my favorite, so much so that after seeing this photo....

I tracked down that scarf in the silk, instead of the jersey silk one shown.  It is such a gorgeous mango color!



These Knotting Cards are slipped into your bag after a scarf purchase.


 I received my first Hermes scarf a few years ago and I cherish it!  I chose a hot pink plisse scarf during my first foray into the world of Hermes.  I have received several more and marvel at how detailed they are.



During the past few months, Hermes has opened up temporary "Pop-up Shops" all over the world.  Here, the talented people at Hermes display their scarves in the most creative ways.  There are even scarf stylists on hand to show you new ways to wear your scarf. 

 (Images from http://www.design4retail.co.uk/2010/11/hermes-pop-up-shop/ and graziadaily.co.uk)


No comments:

Post a Comment